Recent comments

Breaking News

furious Lionel Messi hits out at ‘corrupt’ Copa America after Argentina forward was sent off in third-place play-off against Chile







Lionel Messi labelled the Copa America as ‘corrupt’ after he was sent off in Argentina’s third-place play-off with Chile on Saturday.
His team-mates went on to win the match 2-1 but the Barcelona star refused to collect his medal.
Messi was shown a red card in the 37th minute of the match following a clash with Gary Medel, who was also sent off.

Replays showed Messi nudged Medel as the ball was going out of play but the Chile player reacted by head-butting and barging his opponent.
The 31-year-old merely stood his ground but the referee decided to send both players off.
After the game, Messi said: “There is no doubt, the whole thing is set up for Brazil.

“I hope the VAR and referees don’t play any part in the final and that Peru can compete but it looks tough to me.
“I did not want to be part of this corruption, we shouldn’t have to be part of this disrespect we suffered during the Copa America.
“We could have gone further but we weren’t allowed into the final. Corruption, referees and all the rest stopped people from enjoying the football.
“I always tell the truth and I’m honest, that is what keeps me calm, if what I say has repercussions that is not my business.


“I think that what happened is because of what I said [against Brazil].
“What I said last time perhaps came back to haunt me. With a yellow card that was the end of it.”
The South American Football Confederation Conmebol released a staement saying: “A fundamental pillar of fair play is to accept the results with loyalty and respect.


“It is unacceptable that as a result of incidents typical in competitions, involving 12 teams, all on equal terms, unfounded accusations have been launched that lack the truth and question the integrity of the Copa America.
“These accusations represent a lack of respect for the competition, all the participating players and the hundreds of professionals of Conmebol.”
Sergio Aguero and Paulo Dybala scored early goals for Argentina on their way to the 2-1 win while Arturo Vidal got one back for Chile from the penalty spot.
Brazil face Peru in the final of the competition on Sunday with kick-off at 9pm.




1 comment:

  1. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! Argentina Jersey

    ReplyDelete